8 Questions to Ask Your Maryland Lawn Care Company Before You Hire Them
Your lawn and landscape beds say a lot about how you feel about your curb appeal. Well-maintained lawns and flowerbeds with trimmed shrubs and trees say that you care about your property.
Read the following eight questions you need to ask any professional lawn and landscape maintenance company that works on your Baltimore County property.
Why You Need to Vet a Lawn Care Company Before You Hire Them
A reputable lawn care company creates a beautiful outdoor space that you enjoy with your family and friends. Conversely, lousy lawn care leads to disease and ruined lawns. Don’t become a victim to a shady lawn service.
Your landscape also deserves to have only a qualified landscape professional work on it. For example, a professional knows how to install sod properly so that the roots grab onto the soil underneath it.
Mulch and landscape maintenance requires a professional who is looking out for your property rather than trying to find an easy way to make a buck.
8 Questions to Ask Your Baltimore County Lawn and Landscape Company before You Hire Them
You must ask eight questions your lawn care professional before you allow them to work on your property. These eight questions include
- What credentials do you have to work on my lawn and landscape? Lawn care and landscape maintenance technicians need to know how plants work, the water they need, and the best way to mow a lawn (such as sharp blades and cutting the top third off grass blades). Does your landscape maintenance professional know how to lay sod? Where does he buy his sod? Is it from a reputable, local company or someone from out of state?
- How did you learn how to take care of lawns and landscapes? Ask your technician how he learned how to take care of lawns, install sod and mulch as well as learned how to operate an aerator or a split seeder? Is your lawn care technician committed to learning and growing in his business? Does he plan to join a state or national association? How does he keep up his education?
- Do you and your crews practice safety procedures? Are your teams trained on safety measures? How do you keep my property safe when you’re working on it? Do you take care to close all gates after you’re done working on my Baltimore County lawn?
- Do you and your crew leaders have any certifications and licenses to apply pest and weed control on my property? May I see your current certification and licenses? If you’re not licensed, will you be using pest or weed control on my property? Be careful with this one. No professional company will apply any fertilizer, pest or weed controls unless the owner and his crews hold licenses in Maryland. You don’t want an unlicensed applicator putting down any products on your property. It endangers you, your family and pets—and possibly your entire neighborhood when an unlicensed applicator uses chemicals on your property.
- Do you carry general liability insurance? Only let insured lawn care technicians on your property. Why? You’ll be liable for any damage an uninsured lawn care provider causes to your property as well as to your neighbor’s property. Plus, an insured lawn and landscape maintenance company protects you from being sued. Protect your finances and peace of mind by only hiring an insured company.
- May I look at your references and see samples of your work? If hiring a landscaper or lawn care company is new to you, make sure you ask for references and work samples. Matter of fact, you should interview three different lawn care companies to see which one is the best fit for your property needs. You can also ask your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers what lawn and landscape company they recommend.
- Do your employees wear uniforms? You want to hire a lawn care company that requires their employees to wear clean uniforms—even if it’s just a colored tee shirt with the company’s name and logo on it. It shows that your lawn care company is professional. Even if your lawn care company is a young one, the crews should show up in clean trucks and use clean equipment. Again, it shows that your landscape company is professional and cares about doing an excellent job.
- Will you send me a contract? You want your lawn care professional to put the services you’re paying for in writing. A contract is a legal document that demonstrates that your lawn care technician is professional. It also gives you peace of mind that you have documentation backing up what you ordered.
How Ground Control Lawn Care Provides You with Professional Lawn Care and Landscape Services
At Ground Control, we provide professional lawn care and landscaping services in the Greater Baltimore region. We carry general liability insurance and only do those services that don’t require a state license.
We provide the following lawn care and landscape maintenance services:
- Weekly mowing
- Aeration and overseeding
- Grading and seeding
- Plant installation including shrubs, trees, perennials and annuals
- Leaf removal
- Pruning trees and shrubs
- Snow removal
- Sod installation
- Landscape bed maintenance.
If you want professional lawn care and landscape maintenance services for your Baltimore County, MD home, call us today at (443) 520-5646 or fill out our contact form.
Ground Control Lawn Care serves these Baltimore County, Maryland cities: Bowleys Quarters, Cockeysville, Dundalk, Edgemere, Essex, Middle River, Nottingham, Parkville, Perry Hall, Pikesville, Rosedale, Towson, and White Marsh.