Spring has arrived in Baltimore, MD, and that means you want to entertain outside in your lovely backyard. But before you do, your flowerbeds and landscaped plants in both the front and backyards need sprucing up.
You don’t want to spend your evenings after a busy day at work or your weekends pulling weeds, planting annuals and perennials, or adding mulch to your beds. Instead, you want a professional landscape maintenance company to do the work for you.
4 Ways Your Local Landscaper Creates Stunning Flowerbeds and Landscapes
Your Baltimore County landscaper will transform your winter-weary flowerbeds and landscapes into areas popping with color. Here are four ways your landscaper and his crews will beautify your property:
- Installing Maryland-grown annuals, perennials, shrubs and ornamental trees
- Applying fresh mulch to your flowerbeds and landscaped areas
- Installing sod for an instantaneous green lawn
- Pulling weeds out of your flowerbed and landscape.
Maryland-grown Annuals, Perennials, Shrubs and Trees
You can be sure that your flowerbeds and landscapes will pop with color when you hire your Baltimore County, MD landscaper to install annuals, perennials, shrubs and ornamental trees.
Your landscape maintenance company installs only plants that come from Maryland growers. Since these landscape plants are local, they’re bred to handle Maryland’s hot, humid summers.
Here are some plants that your MD lawn care company will plant for continuous color from spring through frost:
- Annuals, such as ageratum, alyssum, begonias, geraniums, marigolds, nemesia, pansies, petunias, primroses, ranunculus, salvias and snapdragons.
- Ornamental trees, including American fringes, crabapple trees, crape myrtles, dogwoods, Japanese horse chestnuts, Japanese maples, ornamental apple and cherry trees, redbuds, smoke trees and Southern magnolias.
- Perennials, such as allium, anemones, bleeding hearts, common bluebells, crocus, daffodils, hyacinths, iris, Lenten roses, lilies, peonies and tulips.
- Shrubs, such as azalea, bluebeard, bottleneck buckeye, chaste tree, firebush (also known as burning bush), hibiscus, holly, hydrangea, rhododendron, spirea and Virginia sweetspire.
- Vines, such as chocolate vine, clematis, crossvines, Dutchman’s pipe, honeysuckle, perennial sweet pea, trumpet vine and wisteria.
Learn more: How a local lawn care company takes care of your property so you can enjoy the weekends.
Fresh Mulch Application
Mulch adds a tidy look to your flowerbeds and landscaped shrubs and trees. But there’s more to mulch other than an immaculate look:
- Mulch helps to regulate soil temperature
- Mulch protects plant roots from heaving
- Mulch adds continuous nutrition as it breaks down in your flowerbeds and other landscaped areas
- Mulch prevents weed germination
- Mulch keeps the soil moist.
Your landscaper and his crews will clean up your flowerbeds as well as under trees and shrubs. Then, they’ll put a fresh application of mulch to provide those five benefits for your gardens and landscapes.
If you’re renovating your lawn or you cleared out some brush on your property, you may want to consider sod installation to give you an instant lawn.
Sod comes in pallets, and Ground Control will install it on your yard for you. Sod needs tamping down so that the grass roots touch the soil.
Your local landscaper will buy Maryland-grown sod to install on your property. One day you have just dirt in your yard, and the next day you’ll have a healthy lawn full of green, thick grass.
Read more: Here are some tips to help you with your lawn this spring.
Even though mulch does prevent weeds from germinating, you can count on some weeds growing in your flowerbeds and landscaped areas.
Wind and birds will spread weed seeds into these areas. Your local landscape maintenance company will pull out weeds, including their tubers, roots and nutlets, to prevent them from growing back.
Why Ground Control Lawn Care is the Right Choice for You
If you live in the greater Baltimore region in Maryland, you need a lawn and landscape company that’s passionate about beautiful properties. You need Ground Control Lawn Care.
Andrew Hopkins and his crews will provide all of the above landscape services for you. You’ll have a beautiful landscape from the front yard to the backyard welcoming your friends, family and neighbors to your home.
In addition to flowerbed and landscape maintenance, Ground Control Lawn Care provides these services:
- Weekly mowing services
- Lawn aeration and overseeding
- Shrub trimming
- Fall lawn care
- Snow removal.
Contact Ground Control Lawn Care today to clean up your MD flowerbeds and landscapes by calling us at (443) 520-5646 or by filling out our free estimate form.
Ground Control Lawn Care serves these Baltimore County, Maryland cities: Bowleys Quarters, Cockeysville, Dundalk, Edgemere, Essex, Middle River, Nottingham, Parkville, Perry Hall, Pikesville, Rosedale, Towson, and White Marsh.
HGTV.com, Various Plant Galleries.
The University of Maryland Extension, “Home and Garden Information Center.”